Wednesday, February 1, 2012

BNB 42 Nick Tann and Friends




Good morning/afternoon/evening from the Beeeee you tea full Rocky Mountain state of Idaho

Today's show color is: Green
B2B2B spotlight is on: Nick Tann

This is the show Number 42

WELCOME!! It's nice to have you. Drop me a note and let me know who you are and how you found the show.

You can write to the show at anytime... boiseandbeyond@gmail.com or leave a voice mail on the comment line at 1-401-6BOISE6... UK and NZ numbers available, but you'll have to ask for them, lol.

Shoutouts:

Vicki in Idaho-

This month, I am going back to England.Afterwards I will be doing product reviews on a mobile wifi rental, a Quad phone service, the Savoy Hotel in Blackpool, and I'll be giving a report on the Legends dinner at Fratton Park for the induction of former players into Portsmouth FC Hall of Fame.


In Oct, I will be going to a Super Secret Location in October. If you haven't already, go to audioboo.fm and search for my boo account under TIGGR... I'm going to try to travel with one less piece of equipment this trip, my laptop, so I'll be sending out up to 30 min of updates and/or soundscapes through audioboo. When I get home, I'll edit together the best bits from the BOOs, if any, and put them up as a podcast.

Hopefully, I'll have some new music from this trip too!

Back to Back to Back (B2B2B) This is the part of the show where the music comes in.

Todays our musical guest is: NICK TANN

Nick is from the south coast of England, quite near Portsmouth, in fact, and is a singer/songwriter and podcaster. His "Is This Thing On Podcast" is one of the best I've found. His patter and banter with mates inbetween selections from Indie artists make 90 minutes seem like 10. I listen to most podcasts at work, and if I have to stop what I'm doing to fast forward through a song that hurts my ears, I remember. This RARELY happens with Nick's selections.

"I’m a singer/songwriter born and raised in London, now living near Southampton on the south coast of the UK.

My main instrument is a 12 string guitar that I have had since I was 18 years old.

I write songs about things that have happened to me, to people I know and some other stuff that I just make up.

My influences reflect in my songs. Elvis Costello by way of Sting, Jeff Buckley and Stevie Wonder although people have often compaired me to Nick Drake and John Martyn."

On his personal website, nicktann.co.uk, he has three, count em, three albums you can download for....

FREEEEEEEEE!!



I bought a CD from Nick which was a mere 5 English pounds... about 8 dollars, and that included mailing it all the way to Idaho! It has with 14 selections on it, and I'm going to randomly play three of them for you. They are all from Indie artists who graciously allowed Nick to use them in this compilation, so if you like any of them, or want the entire CD, please buy directly from the artist, if you can. I'm going to try and bring home a couple more copies for future give-aways.

Songs:

The Backpacker ............ Tim Farrell

Fusion ..................... Gideon's Demise

Regrets .................... Amaya Huntly

Bonus Track........

Life is a River ............ Nick Tann


Contact info:

@nick_tann
nicktann.co.uk
Google +
Is This Thing On Podcast




Enjoy!

Thank you for finding this lost podcast after the Mevio meltdown. Please subscribe if you haven't done so

already, and leave a comment on our voice mail 1-401-626-4736
Email the show at boiseandbeyond@gmail.com
Shownotes will be at boiseandbeyondpodcast.blogspot.com

No comments: